Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bengbu SWI - the older children

There are approximately 40 older children living at the Bengbu SWI at the moment.  Shown below is a classroom at the orphanage.

One gifted young man is named Meng Lu.  I first met him in 2005.  He is a very talented artist, and dreams one day of visiting the USA.  He has taught himself enough English to communicate with me.  I practiced my few words of Chinese.


Check out his sketches below.  They adorn the walls of the orphanage.



Another beautiful young lady handmade a bouquet of paper flowers.  Upon leaving the orphanage, Steven advised me that I could just give them away, as it would be impossible to carry with me in my luggage.

 I can tell you that 2 weeks later, as I sit writing this blog in my home in Charlotte, that beautiful bouquet sits on my kitchen table. 


No comments:

Post a Comment