Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let's Go

After a great deal of thought on how I should start this charity trip for Packages of Hope, I will simply state:

I am blessed.

I have a great supportive family, wonderful friends, a fantastic charity, fantastic adoptive families, great volunteers in China, and open receptive orphanage staff that all working together for one goal - to help the children in the orphanages of China.  That is why we are here, this is all our "missing piece", the raison d'etre that fuels us.

For me, it is something that I really can't describe clearly.  When I start talking about what I do for Packages of Hope, I get a lump in my throat, tears come to my eyes, my heart pumps a bit faster, and I become awake in a very spiritual way.
  This is a very comforting feeling that makes me feel both very lucky and very comforted.
  I am comforted because I know this is the thing I was Built to do.  I have found it.  I know it.  And this is the reason I am lucky.  I do know that as Thoreau had said, "the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation".  I am lucky both to have found my Missing Piece, but also be surrounded by supportive people who have helped me to fulfill my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment